[翻译]娘希匹的努力工作/Fuck Working Hard

Fuck Working Hard

娘希匹的努力工作

by Jessica Semaan

洁西卡·塞曼

 

 

I used to work really hard. So hard I almost killed myself.

以前我工作确实努力。如此努力,我差点没逼死自己。

I used to praise the people that worked hard and mimic them.

以前我颂扬努力工作的人,并模仿他们。

Until burn out came knocking, and I was forced to ask myself WHY.

直到精疲力竭,我才不得不问自己,为什么。

Working hard is a cover up for “I am so insecure, I need to prove to people that don’t give a shit about me that I am worthy, smart and capable.”

努力工作是一块遮羞布,掩饰说“我很缺乏安全感,我需要向那些对我不屑一顾的人证明我是有价值的,是聪明而有能力的。”

Working hard is code for, the system screwed me. It is code for injustice. The system that values wealth accumulation, income inequality and global warming. I have to work 5 jobs to pay my rent, when my rich neighbor is getting richer.

努力工作是社会压榨我的代码。是不公的代码。这个看重财富积累、收入不均和全球变暖的社会。我不得不做五份工以支付我的房租,而我的富人邻居越来越富。

Working hard is an escape from myself. It is because I cannot fucking stand sitting alone and noticing how I feel. It is my alcohol, Instagram, my addiction.

努力工作是逃避自己的借口。因为这意味着我娘希匹不能忍受一个人闲坐,体会并观照自己的感受。它是我的酒精,我的Instagram,我的沉溺。

Working hard is ignorance. Because I was young, and my narcissistic boss told me it is the only way.

努力工作即无知。当我年轻时,我那自恋的老板告诉我说这是唯一的方式。

Working hard means I am stupid. Because I am not stopping and finding ways to work smarter.

努力工作意味着我是蠢笨的。因为我无法停下来找到聪明一点儿的工作方法。

Working hard is selfish. For I am robbing my family and friends from my presence, love and attention.

努力工作即自私。我剥夺了家人和朋友们享受我的陪伴、爱和照拂的权利。

I am no longer buying your excuses of hard work to save the world.

我不会再买你那努力工作拯救世界的借口的账。

I am no longer singing your praises, when I see you soulless and close to burn out.

我不会对你再加颂扬,当我看到你那丧失灵魂精疲力竭的生命。

I am no longer getting inspired by your work ethics, because I now live for my life ethics.

我不会再受你职业道德的蛊惑,因为如今,我为我自己的生命哲学而活。

I am simply asking you, why my friend.

我只想问你,我的朋友,这一切是为什么。

原文链接:https://medium.com/life-learning/lfuck-working-hard-c41baa42b56d

[翻译]当你感到孤单When You Feel Lonely

When You Feel Lonely

当你感到孤单

by Jessica Semaan

洁西卡·塞曼

When you feel lonely

当你感到孤单

Remember that you are not alone in your loneliness

请记住,身处孤单之中的你并非孤零一人

A sea of lonely humans roam our planet every day

每天都有许多孤单者游荡在这个星球上

When you feel lonely

当你感到孤单

Quit the mind chatter and listen to the truth your heart has to tell you

请息止你喧嚣的思绪,倾听内心诉说真实的声音

When you feel lonely

当你感到孤单

Stay there, and feel it deeply

请呆在孤单之中,感受它再深切些

For the more you feel it, the sooner you will see beyond it

因为感受越多,你就会越快地把它超越

Yet all you want to do is run, run and run

尽管当时你只想快些快些再快些地跑开

Don’t

不要

For your loneliness will keep chasing you until you look it in the eyes and listen to it

因为孤单会不停地追逐你,直到你停下来,看着它的眼睛,倾听它的话语

For it is a messenger from the great beyond

它是从彼岸世界来的信使

Hold your loneliness

持住你的孤单

Accept your loneliness

接受它

And soon you will realize

很快你就会意识到

You are never lonely when in the presence of the trees and the oceans

有树木和海洋在你永不孤单

You are never lonely in your own company

有自我相陪你永不孤单

Your own company that is impatiently waiting to share with you secrets, dreams and tales

你的同伴正急不可耐地要与你分享她的秘密、她的梦想和她的故事

You are never lonely when you feel the compassion in your heart, and realize there is no difference between you and them

而当一颗心感受到同情,意识到你和他人之间并无不同,你也就不孤单

There is only us

世上只有我们

There is only one

而我们只有一个

https://medium.com/@jessicasemaan/when-you-feel-lonely-7e35331bb041